[thelist] semantic markup

Manuel González Noriega manuel at simplelogica.net
Wed Jun 2 08:13:15 CDT 2004

El mié, 02-06-2004 a las 13:28, Tim Beadle escribió:

> You're assuming there will be only one "first appearance" on any page. I would
> use this instead...

Tim, of course. It kinda makes sense that there's only a first
appearance of something per page, but it could easily not be so.

> ...if I thought that there was any semantic benefit to using meaningful class
> or id names.
>
> But I don't. We have a tag for this scenario - <dfn> - so why not use it?

I was trying to state that, if there's no appropiate tag available, one
should default to span+id/class. It was meant to be a much more 'blanket
statement' than yours, which is of course right for this specific case.

(And this paragraph is what i should have included is my previous email
:)

--
   Manuel trabaja para Simplelógica, construcción web
(+34) 985 22 12 65            http://simplelogica.net