[thelist] semantic markup

Manuel González Noriega manuel at simplelogica.net
Wed Jun 2 12:37:11 CDT 2004

El mié, 02-06-2004 a las 16:38, Tim Beadle escribió:

> They don't cover all situations. If what you want is emphasis, or strong
> emphasis, then fine - use them. What you shouldn't do, though, is wholesale
> different semantic meanings for bold text and italics, which are not emphasis.

Could someone please provide an example of 'semantic meaning of
boldness', as opposed to 'semantic meaning of X + visual appearance of
boldness'? I haven't yet seen one of the first class, many of the
second.

For example,

 a) <h1>I'm a heading</h1>

 b) <p>I'm a paragraph</p>

 c) <b>I'm a ...</b>

Please, provide an example of c) ;)

--
   Manuel trabaja para Simplelógica, construcción web
(+34) 985 22 12 65            http://simplelogica.net