[thelist] Client moved to our server and suddenly they are receiving a lot of spam

Clayton Smith clayton at geni-us.com
Wed Jun 2 19:10:31 CDT 2004

A client's site moved to our server a couple days.  The site hasn't been
re-designed yet but mysteriously they are receiving large amounts of
spam now.
There are only 2 email addresses on the site(in the source) so I don't
suspect email spiders.

My guesses are:
- the previous provider sold / delivered the email addresses to spam artists
- someone doesn't like the company and decided to get everyone hooked on
spam(300+ emails per account a day)
- it is somehow strangely related to being moved to a new server

thoughts?

-c