[thelist] Which is more Semantically Correct(tm) ??

Maximillian Schwanekamp anaxamaxan at neptunewebworks.com
Wed Jun 2 20:48:08 CDT 2004

>This link was posed on thelist YESTERDAY!!!

Thanks Dr Young.  I will read more closely next time.  That was an aside
anyway - I had not even begun to investigate DLs, since I was not sure
whether that was the right path to take at all, and there seems to be little
agreement among the "important voices" on the DL element - the W3 Spec being
interpretable in various ways apparently (cf comments on simplebits[1]).

Anyway, I should have stated my question more simply:  What is most correct
for presenting key-value attributes for one or more more-or-less discrete
items? E.g.:

Item A
  Attrib1 = Value
  Attrib2 = Value
  Attrib3 = Value

Item B
  Attrib1 = Value
  Attrib2 = Value
  Attrib3 = Value

(Indentation here just to show hierarchy).  Having read _some_ of the
literature, I am tending to think that a definition list is really ideal for
this, but I wonder if others have differing opinions?  The world of semantic
markup is still new to me!

FWIW, I made a revision of my original example to show my current solution:
http://www.neptunewebworks.com/evolt/cards2/

[1]
http://www.simplebits.com/archives/2003/09/05/simplequiz_part_iii_heading_an
d_list.html