[thelist] semantic markup

Greg Holmes holmegm at tds.net
Fri Jun 4 13:17:30 CDT 2004

Kasimir K wrote:

>Ok, the data I want to arrange is the navigational
>structure of my site. If I have more than one level there,
>I use columns for levels and rows for subjects. And if I
>have just one level to present, I use just one column. In
>the table I naturally include some desciption in the
>caption element or summary attribute. And if I get carried
>away, I just may group rows or columns to make the
>navigational structure even easier to understand.

I didn't say there was never a reason to put links in a
table.

We were talking about typical navigation links on a website
(Home, About, Contact Us, etc.) and what was the most
semantically-correct element for marking them up.  I don't
think your counterexample really fits into the context of
that discussion. Sounds like you are talking about some kind
of sitemap.

Greg Holmes