[thelist] Option Value change

Clayton Smith clayton at geni-us.com
Fri Jun 4 17:02:49 CDT 2004

Hassan Schroeder wrote:

> 7 sinz wrote:
>
>> Im trying to create a template that will change hundreds of  values (
>> for updating which will occur regularly ) without going into the HTML
>> file.
>

> This isn't something you should be doing with JavaScript.
>
> Either generate your JS files dynamically with JSP/PHP/whatever, or
> batch-update them using `make`, Ant or comparable...
>
> FWIW,

I agree.  Although it is possible to do what you want in Javascript.. it
just seems unreasonable to do it that way.

You want something like this(except as countries)
http://www.javascriptkit.com/howto/tutor_example.htm ?
And more info on the above:
http://www.javascriptkit.com/howto/pulldown.shtml

-c