[thelist] JS Intercace ?

7 sinz btcode at hotmail.com
Sun Jun 6 03:51:08 CDT 2004

ok i've been using the list for advice more than i have been giving advice,
but please forgive me, as im in a rush get things done smoothly.
I've developed a system where i manually update a template of arrays, that
once saved, updates option values ( about 400 times ) across nine documents.

Now this is a snippet of what im doing (thanks to Tim for the help : )

e.g of linked file.

var afghanw2f   = {
    '11¢' : 'Afghanistansp',
    '2¢' : 'Afghanistanw2f',
    '4¢' : 'Afghanistanspp',
    '3¢' : 'Afghanistan5',
    '15¢' : 'Afghanistansp',
    '23¢' : 'Afghanistanw2f',
    '45¢' : 'Afghanistanspp',
    '5¢' : 'Afghanistan5',
}

OK basicaly what happens i that when a user selects from the drop down (
another script is used ) the 11cents will come up.

The linked file has about 400 values for different products, which before, i
would have been asked to go in manually update each rate ( copy and paste
job onced finished ) to achieve the above. It saves about 3 hours work.

Now u'd think that updating would be a lot easier now eh?
Well apparently not, now im asked to to make a system, where you would be
able to do the following.

==============================

1. select from select box        |   afghanistan   |    |

2. input value to update        |    11&cents          |

| submit |                    3.submit  changes to file, then save file to
make update .

Now my big question again. Can this be accomplished with just Javascript?

And if so, is this considered to be a Application Interface, do i need to
use something other then Javascript to make it,
if so, can i retain the current javascript code to still do the behind the
scenes for the updating?

If you can give me an answer or advice please do.

Kind regards Steven