[thelist] Best software for business class email marketing (not spam tools)

Maximillian Schwanekamp anaxamaxan at neptunewebworks.com
Sun Jun 6 21:07:29 CDT 2004

--------------------------------
I am looking for a more
effective email marketing solution for them.  It's got to have advanced
reporting, such as what some Enterprise software solutions have, but they're
looking to do it on a budget.
--------------------------------

Not sure what you mean by a "budget."  I'll assume you mean <$1000 per
month.  Topica.com is well-established and is geared for enterprise-level
mailing - though they start at just $500 monthly.  I have used them for
mailings in the 10,000 range with no troubles at all.  Also, you might check
out NetAtlantic.com - esp their "Professional" solutions[1]. I have never
used them personally, but I have heard good things from a friend who has a
list of about 50,000 customers.  Finally, if these are too rich, you might
try 1ShoppingCart.com, which has pricing based on database size.  I believe
the 100,000 records level runs about $120-210 monthly (depending on options
desired).

[1] http://www.netatlantic.com/professional-servers.html

FWIW!

Maximillian Von Schwanekamp