[thelist] Could you advice a CMS system?

divaone lparis1 at nc.rr.com
Sun Jun 6 21:35:32 CDT 2004

Response: Hi Andy. I'd love to help by supplying the names of some systems,
but I'm not sure if that would really be of big help to you. I would rather
start by knowing why you need a CMS and what features you are looking for.
Do you need a simple news handler or a full-fledged groupware system, etc.
etc.? Will there be 10 users and 1 admin or 10,000 users and several groups
needing permissions? Do you need ease of use for the developers and/or the
general users? etc. etc.

I've tried numerous CMS's on my local server - trying and really enjoying
Mambo right now but I've tried over 10 different systems. I would suggest
making a written list of your needs and the features you must have, would
like and could do without. No need in wasting time on a skinny or bloated
system that won't suit your needs. Play around with a CMS you've installed
locally to get a true feel for how it runs for you.

In the meantime, try the url suggested here on this list:
www.opensourcecms.com. Also try the sites that allow you to graphically
compare CMS's.

divaone ~

Hi everyone, could you please post your top 5 CMS systems that are easy
to use and work well with PHP and MySQL ? Preferably freeware ones. I've
looked at ezPub, Typo3, and a few others, but still can't make up my
mind. Would really appreciate it, thanks!

Andy