[thelist] CF: Can't keep CFID constant

Frank lists at frankmarion.com
Mon Jun 7 19:01:34 CDT 2004

Hi All,

Back from a sabbatical. I'm running into an old problem, an intermittent
problem, a big problem.

I'm currently running CFMX 6.1 on RH Linux. I cannot keep a CFID, which
means that I cannot keep a session (which means that 95% of my apps are
breaking).

If I use <cfoutput>#CFID#</cfoutput> in any given page, it will change with
every reload.

Here's my Application tag

         <cfapplication name="TDF3"
                 ApplicationTimeout="#CreateTimeSpan(0,0,30,0)#"
                 ClientManagement="Yes"
                 SetClientCookies="Yes"
                 ClientStorage="Registry"
                 SessionManagement="Yes"
                 SessionTimeout="#CreateTimeSpan(0,0,30,0)#"
                 SetDomainCookies="Yes">

Admin-> Client variables
I've used a datasource (mysql), registry (not my first choice, but same
results) and cookie (same as last). No changes.

Admin-> Memory variables
         Use J2EE session variables
         Enable Application Variables
         Enable Session Variables