[thelist] CF: Can't keep CFID constant

Joshua Olson joshua at waetech.com
Mon Jun 7 21:17:10 CDT 2004

Couple questions:

1.  Have you confirmed this behavior on multiple clients/browsers?
2.  Have you checked the page response from the server using a tool such as
wfetch?  Are the cookies being sent to the client?
3.  Have you looked at the Java session variables?  jsessionid, I think.  Is
that being used instead of cfid and cftoken?  If "Use J2EE session
variables" is checked, then I think cfid and cftoken are not used.  [1]
4.  Have you read [2]

[1] From the administrator help:

"You can also specify whether to use J2EE session variables. ColdFusion MX
can use either ColdFusion session management or J2EE servlet session
management. When you enable J2EE session variables, ColdFusion MX creates an
identifier for each session and does not use the CFToken or CFID cookie
value. For more information, see Developing ColdFusion MX Applications."

[2] http://www.macromedia.com/support/coldfusion/ts/documents/tn17915.htm

Good luck,

Joshua Olson
Web Application Engineer