[thelist] Flash Question

joe stowaway at uklinux.net
Tue Jun 8 16:01:44 CDT 2004

Dan Romanchik wrote:

>Thanks for the info.
>
>There are two reasons I want to change or delete the link:
>
>1. I want to use my own link to a PHP script to record the click. (This is
>an advertiser.)
>2. The Flash programmer got the link wrong! Clicking on the Flash sends the
>user to a page that isn't there.
>
>Dan
>Dan Romanchik - Web Developer
>dan at danromanchik.com, 734-930-6564

hey Dan

Tell your Flash programmer to get his/her act together!

Make 'em do it again and provide a url to put in the flash movie which
points to your script, which I assume already has some kind of
redirection in it(?).

There are probably tools out there which would let you
backwards-engineer the flash movie yourself, however what you can't do
is use the html round the flash movie to make it a link.

hth

joe