[thelist] Re: Change link in Flash solution.

joe stowaway at uklinux.net
Tue Jun 8 19:00:46 CDT 2004

Dan Romanchik wrote:

>>There are probably tools out there which would let you
>>backwards-engineer the flash movie yourself, however what you can't do
>>is use the html round the flash movie to make it a link.
>>

>I can't do this even if they don't assign a link inside the Flash movie?
>
>Dan

no.  the flash player controls all mouse events within the boundary of
the movie, so you can't even listen for events using js (afaik).  mind
you, even if it is possible, using js to detect a mouse event on a flash
movie to bypass the link in it is about as inaccessible as content could
ever get :)

can you really not get your programmer to correct the flash file to go
to your redirection script?  or ask for a gif instead?

joe