[thelist] Re: Change link in Flash solution.

joe stowaway at uklinux.net
Wed Jun 9 06:03:13 CDT 2004

Dan Romanchik wrote:

>>can you really not get your programmer to correct the flash file to go
>>to your redirection script?  or ask for a gif instead?
>>

>He's not really my programmer.  We get the Flash from an advertiser and have
>no control over them. If they're determined not to do it, they won't.

well in addition to the software that Breezy mentioned, there is a
fairly inexpensive piece of software called Magic Swf2Gif which will
convert a swf file to an animated gif.  Obviously if the swf file has
interactive content, its success will be limited.

In both cases, though, you may find yourself breaking your TOS with the
advertiser...

joe