[thelist] PHP & PAYPAL

Adrian Gonzales virexmachina at gmail.com
Mon Jun 14 00:27:25 CDT 2004

<snip>My problem is that the users password is generated once they
submit the form, so i have no way of duplicating that ( so it matches
with the databse entry ) after they leave the site, and head ove to
paypal for the payment.</snip>

Look at their IPN (instant payment notification) service. It will
proccess their payment and send them back to your site with the
information on their payment. You can then verify it and send the
password.
Link: http://www.paypal.com/cgi-bin/webscr?cmd=p/xcl/rec/ipn-intro-outside
Now exactly how to do it in PHP would depend on your system. I've done
it in ColdFusion though.. and it wasnt too hard.
Just make sure to read their manuals.