[thelist] Re: consulting fees

Michael Harrington mike0351 at bellsouth.net
Mon Jun 14 14:31:55 CDT 2004

Just make sure that if you do something on the side for free or paid, your present
place of employment knows about it in advanced and gives you written authorization
to perform the work. Also the authorization needs to specify whether or not you can
use the company's computers and software after your "on-the-clock" time unless you
will be doing this at home.

When you do start free-lancing, get everything in writing upfront.