[thelist] quicker page loads.

Tim Beadle tim.beadle at iop.org
Wed Jun 16 03:32:46 CDT 2004

On Wed, 2004-06-16 at 00:55, Stuart Young wrote:
> It would be a good idea to run the page through a tool that shows how
> the browser is loading each of the page elements in turn, such as:
> http://www.webperf.org/breakdown.html
> move the div code around a bit and see what the effect of the change is
> on that tool.

There's also www.webpageanalyzer.com - though it doesn't currently
measure images that are included by CSS. So, if you do a lot of image
replacement, it can make your page look lighter than it really is. I've
been in touch with them, though, and they've acknowledged this and plan
to fix it in a future version.

Tim
--
Tim Beadle <tim.beadle at iop.org>

Institute of Physics
Registered charity No. 293851
76 Portland Place, London, W1B 1NT, England

IOP Publishing Limited
Registered in England under Registration No 467514.
Registered Office: Dirac House, Temple Back, Bristol BS1 6BE England

This e-mail message has been checked for the presence of computer viruses.