[thelist] Web-based Wysiwyg for CMS

Jono ox4dboy at comcast.net
Wed Jun 16 09:06:35 CDT 2004

We currently use eWeb Edit Pro in our CMS.  It's gets the job done, and is
easy to use, but it does have a few strange issues.  It does support CSS
using class= in place of span=.  For some reason eWeb Edit Pro will not
listen to span=, and removes the span tag after submitting the content for
publication.  I am not sure if it works in Safari, I have only ever used it
on Windoze IE 6 b/c the CMS is strictly internal, and was build for IE 5+
only.  I am sure you could do a Google search for eWeb Edit Pro and find
good results.  Eweb Edit Pro does require you to purchase a license, I'm not
sure how much it costs?  Just another option to look into.

Anyone have experience with eWeb Edit beside myself?  I'd like to hear your
opinions on it if so.