[thelist] system requirements for Netscape 4.x vs recent browsers

Maximillian Schwanekamp anaxamaxan at neptunewebworks.com
Wed Jun 16 15:30:56 CDT 2004

--------------------------------
http://www.consciousness.arizona.edu/modernsci/reqnet4.htm
The system requirements for Firefox are not so good for my argument:
http://www.mozilla.org/products/firefox/system-requirements.html
The system requirements for IE 6 are better for my argument (except that
I'd be recommending IE - argh!):
--------------------------------

FWIW, I've had good success getting NS4 users to upgrade to Netscape 7.  Of
course it's a slightly older version of Gecko, but most of the NS4 users
I've come across started by using NS4 at a university or non-profit, and are
just stuck on being Netscape Users.  NS 7's sys reqs are not bad at all, and
they have the branding familiarity aspect to hold onto.  The only gap in the
sys reqs is Mac OS 9, but then IE 6 wouldn't help you there either!

Maximillian Von Schwanekamp
Dynamic Websites and E-Commerce
www.NeptuneWebworks.com
voice: 541-302-1438