[thelist] Spolsky: things you can't do really well inawebapplication

Yoan Talagrand Shes at virtualdesire.org
Wed Jun 16 15:51:01 CDT 2004

Never saw realtime spell checker but it does not sounds impossible to
me... Most webmails does post editing spell check. Why couldn't we create
one live ?
About the offline edition, it's also not quite a problem to code (well,
modern browsers are a pain with securty issues but a small plugin would
work). A similar application called "contribute" does the trick... With
the constant growing of wifi networks and dsl lines, creating a web
application that would allow the user to edit webpages offline is a waste
of time and money.

Yoan