[thelist] RE: Multi form selections

John.Brooking at sappi.com John.Brooking at sappi.com
Thu Jun 17 06:23:50 CDT 2004

> Date: Thu, 17 Jun 2004 12:23:11 +1000
> From: "7 sinz" <btcode at hotmail.com>
> To: thelist at lists.evolt.org
> Subject: [thelist] Multi form selections
>
> Can anyone point me to a article/tutorials on how to make a form mail
> function that has a multiple selections , the users would selec which
> department to send their mail to.
>
> Anyone know of a rticle/tutorial like that?
>
> Kind Regards

Lawrence gave you a good example of the kind of JavaScript you would use on
the client end. I have gone a step further and provided an accompanying Perl
emailer script to use with it, to avoid having to encode email addresses on
the client side. You could just use the names of your departments in the
<option> tags and not worry about spam harvesters picking up the addresses.
(I don't know if they do that yet outside of mailto: tags, but I figure if
it's technically possible, it's only a matter of time.)

The script and lots of explanation is at
http://www.shoestringcms.com/personal/codelib/. My contact page on the same
site uses it, so you can view the source of that for the client-side
example.

John Brooking, Application Developer
Sappi Fine Paper
South Portland, ME, 04106 USA
--

This message may contain information which is private, privileged or
confidential and is intended solely for the use of the individual or entity