[thelist] Legitimate Email Being Blocked

raditha dissanayake jabber at raditha.com
Thu Jun 17 10:30:48 CDT 2004

VanBuskirk, Patricia wrote:

>I manage a website for a band who sends out weekly newsletters to those who sign up for them.
>
>Within the last couple of months, a huge percent of these emails were bouncing back as undeliverable (more than half).  Many were AOL and Hotmail, which our hosting company claimed they were aware of and were dealing with.  However, many were not either of those and a couple were actual band members, so we know they weren't blocking them themselves!
>

>Any suggestions/help would be greatly appreciated!!

It's quite easy for an innocent person to end up in some black list or
other thanks to a joe job and this may be what has happened. Another
possibility is that some words or phrases in your mail may be trigerring
off some spam filter, it may be a good idea to put your mail through
spamassasin or something similar *before* you send it out so that you
protect against this.

hope this helps.

--
Raditha Dissanayake.