[thelist] seo software

Andy Budd andy at message.uk.com
Fri Jun 18 03:39:08 CDT 2004

SEO software is a waste of time.

For one, the search engines don't like automated submissions. These
days there are probably only 3-4 engines worth the time submitting to
(and some of these are paid for submission) so the bulk submit stuff is
a waste of time. So it begs the question, what would you use it for?
The reporting features are probably about the only thing of use, and
you can get similar functionality via a number of websites.

So don't waste your money.

J Nicholas Tolson wrote:

> I'd recommend strongly against using this app, since Google mentions it
> specifically in their guidelines:
>
> http://www.google.com/webmasters/guidelines.html
>
> "Don't use unauthorized computer programs to submit pages, check
> rankings,
> etc. Such programs consume computing resources and violate our terms of
> service. Google does not recommend the use of products such as
> WebPosition
> Gold that send automatic or programmatic queries to Google."

Andy Budd

http://www.message.uk.com/