[thelist] Is Target dead

Sarah Sweeney mr.sanders at designshift.com
Fri Jun 18 09:52:19 CDT 2004

Manuel González Noriega wrote:
> For me, the 'help, how i can i use target in strict' questions are
> almost always examples of people choosing a DOCTYPE *before* knowing
> what their requirements are. I find it amusing :-)

Deciding not to use the XHTML strict doctype simple because it does not
support target seems like a very extreme solution to me. I think this is
a case where people (like me) agree with what the W3C recommends for
XHTML strict, and agree with /almost all/ elements and/or attributes
that have been deprecated - except the target attribute :)

--
Sarah Sweeney
Web Developer & Programmer