[thelist] Multiple select elements rethink.

Tim Beadle tim.beadle at iop.org
Fri Jun 18 11:34:18 CDT 2004

On Fri, 2004-06-18 at 17:24, Chris Hayes wrote:
> While I'm in a rantish mood... multiple select lists!?!  Does anybody else
> feel like I do that the functionality where one click deselects all previous
> selections is insane?  That's one little slip up and you have to reselect
> everything again.

But it is *expected* behaviour, because that's how desktop apps work.
Having multiple selects and javascript to move options from a
"non-selected" list to a "selected" list (and to select all the options
in the "selected" list at submit-time) is a good workaround.

Tim
--
Tim Beadle <tim.beadle at iop.org>

Institute of Physics
Registered charity No. 293851
76 Portland Place, London, W1B 1NT, England

IOP Publishing Limited
Registered in England under Registration No 467514.
Registered Office: Dirac House, Temple Back, Bristol BS1 6BE England

This e-mail message has been checked for the presence of computer viruses.