[thelist] Site Check - MAC IE 4.5 Help

Tim Beadle tim.beadle at iop.org
Mon Jun 21 02:26:35 CDT 2004

On Sat, 2004-06-19 at 18:02, Brian W. Reaves wrote:
> I do not have access to a MAC and I have been told there is a problem
> with the rendering of (http://spiralwinder.com/) on MAC IE 4+. Any help
> would be greatly be appreciated.
>
> I know the XHTML is not validating right now, The code in that area will
> soon be replace once I implement J.I.R. This will come next.

OK - something to remember, so maybe I'll put it in a tip:

<tip type="IE Mac and Floats" author="Tim Beadle">
The CSS specs say that floated elements must have an explicit width set,
even though most browsers won't care. Mac IE *will* care, though, so set
explicit widths on floated elements! It's the right thing to do.
</tip>
--
Tim Beadle <tim.beadle at iop.org>

Institute of Physics
Registered charity No. 293851
76 Portland Place, London, W1B 1NT, England

IOP Publishing Limited
Registered in England under Registration No 467514.
Registered Office: Dirac House, Temple Back, Bristol BS1 6BE England

This e-mail message has been checked for the presence of computer viruses.