[thelist] Favicon ???

Casey Crookston casey at thecrookstons.com
Tue Jun 22 10:16:32 CDT 2004

Anybody here know anything about favicons?

My client has created a web-based tool which has become popular with some of
their clients.  My client has requested that their clients be given an
option to "save the tool to their desktop so they can access more quickly."

After some discussion, I've learned that what they really wants is for their
clients to have a desktop icon which, when clicked, will open a browser and
load the page with their tool. (How is this done?!?!?)  And, when that page
is loaded, for a small favicon to appear in the URL window.

I've been able to find some info:

http://www.cursorarts.com/ca_if.html and www.favicon.com

But if anyone has had experience with this, I'd love to hear about it.

Thanks!