[thelist] Adding title with css

Kasimir K evolt at kasimir-k.fi
Thu Jun 24 04:59:30 CDT 2004

> ul.pdf a {
> 	title: "PDF-link";
> }
>
> Is something like this possible?
> Then defining a list of pdf documents would be as simple as
>
> <ul>
> </ul>
>
> Rather than
>
> <ul>
> </ul>

As CSS is all about presentation style of a document, not the content,
I'd imagine that it's not possible to do what you are asking - a title
is content, not presentation.

If you create the links on the server side, then it should be easy
enough to make the titles there too. If you make the links by hand, but
don't want to make titles manually, you could use JS & DOM to find links
to *.pdf and set their title.

.k