[thelist] (x)html 1.0 validation with javascript

Michael Pack michaelpack at wvdhhr.org
Thu Jun 24 11:29:15 CDT 2004

IMO it is useful to separate scripts just as one would separate styles.
I store all of my scripts in one folder and call them.

i.e. <script type="text/javascript" src="scripts/bookmark.js">
/* ...Javascript called to enable users to add page to bookmarks... */
</script>

1. My XHTML is easier to locate, read, and edit
2. My scripts are easier to locate, read, and edit
3. The validator validates my XHTML and leaves my scripts alone.

Does anyone find fault with this approach?

Regards

>>> tim.beadle at iop.org 6/24/2004 12:00:02 PM >>>
On Thu, 2004-06-24 at 16:34, Sarah Sweeney wrote:
> I have never seen this in use. Is it absolutely necessary? Are there

> browsers where this will mess up the JavaScript?

I had the same doubts:
http://www.under-score.org.uk/pipermail/underscore/2004-January/026190.html

Tim
--
Tim Beadle <tim.beadle at iop.org>

Institute of Physics
Registered charity No. 293851
76 Portland Place, London, W1B 1NT, England

IOP Publishing Limited
Registered in England under Registration No 467514.
Registered Office: Dirac House, Temple Back, Bristol BS1 6BE England

This e-mail message has been checked for the presence of computer
viruses.

http://evolt.org/help_support_evolt/