[thelist] What css browser bug needs "background: transparent"?

Stephen Rider evolt_org at striderweb.com
Fri Jun 25 16:47:37 CDT 2004

I think it has a lot to do with the general rule of thumb:
	"Any time you specify a text color, also specify a background color."

This is to avoid potential issues where a user might have set a
user-defined stylesheet that inadvertently mess up the display.  I
can't remember other reasons, but I do believe there were some....

Steve