[thelist] Help: IE+AcroReader failing badly

Manuel González Noriega manuel at simplelogica.net
Tue Jun 29 08:18:05 CDT 2004

some PDF docs stored in a MySQL db.

Relevant URLs:
--------------------
http://www.infomadera.net/sellos/sello/295 (the 'Reglamento' link by the
PDF icon)
or
http://www.infomadera.net/sellos/reglamento/295/15046.pdf
____________________

Facts/Symptoms:

- In benefit of IE, we have added the .pdf extension to the URL,
although it shouldn't be necessary.
- We are sending the appropiate Content-length and Content-Type
headers, as adviced by
- Neither [Firefox + Acrobat Reader + Win XP] nor [Firebird + xpdf +
Linux] have absolutely any issues with it. They work flawlessly.
Surprise!
- The file works fine when saving it to disk via IE prior to opening.

Could someone offer some advice in why on Earth it throws this error

'There was an error opening this document. This file cannot be found'

when trying to open it?

Many thanks in advance

--
   Manuel trabaja para Simplelógica, construcción web
(+34) 985 22 12 65            http://simplelogica.net