[thelist] Dear fellows: Be carefull in your job, verycarefull

Dan McCullough dmccullough at garnethill.com
Wed Jun 30 07:15:44 CDT 2004

Well here is a good one.  I friend approached me about doing a script to
validate his form, required fields and email validation, so asked to see
the form, so he gave me the link.  Here is what I saw, had to look twice
to see if I was seeing it correctly.

<form action="mailto:someemail at somedomain.com?Subject='Some subject'"
method="post">

This is where the head scraching started, I fired off an email and asked
if he had gotten any emails from this form and so on, and he asked if I
saw something the matter, and I told him, and he was like okay, and then
I said validating with javascript wouldn't help.  And then I told him
that I would find it annoying to fill out the form and then submit and
have it popup my email client and I would have to start over.