SV: [thelist] Creating images with 16-bit color depth

Marcus Andersson marcus at bristav.se
Thu Jul 1 09:08:08 CDT 2004

Andreas Wahlin wrote:

 > May be to crude for your needs, but I find that "save for web" gives me
 > all the options I usually need.

The problem with "Save for web" is that I get mainly two modes to choose from:

1) Compress image to a given %. You have no possibility to specify the number of colors to use, just to
specify blur and some other stuff but nothing on colors.

2) Save as 8-bit GIF or PNG. This is close to what I want but you can only, as the mode names imply, save to
8-bit GIF or PNGs and that isn't optimal (unusable in my case). I want a similar mode for 16-bit.

/Marcus