[thelist] plaxo and privacy concerns

chris lists at semioticpixels.com
Thu Jul 1 12:44:07 CDT 2004

Hi list,

I'm beginning to get Plaxo requests more often and I'm looking for
alternatives to suggest to people - I do not want my information in plaxo's
database.

for more information, read an analysis regarding Plaxo's privacy statement
http://tinyurl.com/2g6wn

In particular, read the section entitled "Other People's Rights"
http://tinyurl.com/2j5ps

In any case, how are others responding to Plaxo (or similar) requests?  What
are the alternatives?  Is there no trustworthy software solution for
maintaining contact information? I can understand why these services are so
popular for people who maintain thousands of contacts - typically small
business owners who do not have the funds or knowledge to develop a contact
manager.

thanks

-chris
http://www.semioticpixels.com