[thelist] three usability questions

Ed McCarroll Ed at ComSimplicity.com
Thu Jul 1 23:00:23 CDT 2004

> The site serves different audiences - for instance, there's stuff
> for kids, stuff for parents, stuff for legislators, stuff for
> attorneys. The information for each audience isn't useful to anyone
> outside of that target audience. So that's how the site is organized,
> a top-level section for each audience. The consultant wishes to
> change the top level sections to conceptual categories, like
> "articles", "advocacy", "resources", etc.

I'm a parent who has been to law school and often acts like a kid.
Therefore I should either be banned from your entire site, or left to decide
for myself what parts of your site to browse.

Furthermore, although I often read "articles," engage in "advocacy," and use
"resources," I NEVER use those words in a Google search.  I would suggest a
site organized around whatever subdivisions flow logically from your site's
mission.  (Which is what?)  ;-)