[thelist] "Notice: ..." errors

PeterV peter at poorbuthappy.com
Mon Jul 12 12:26:37 CDT 2004

I am testing a templating class I might want to use
(http://www.phpclasses.org/browse/package/807.html). It gives errors
like this:

Notice: Undefined index: vals in c:\documents and settings\owner\my
documents\websites\testsystems\grooops.com\htdocs\mytemplate\MyTemplate.
class.php on line 528

If I add the following line (default in php.ini), the errors go away:

error_reporting(E_ALL ^ E_NOTICE);

My question: do does errors mean that the class still has problems and I
should look for another template class, or is it ok to use it (and
"supress" the errors) on a production system?

Tips for templating classes also welcome. I want something
FastTemplate-like, not Smarty-like. I am not using FastTemplate itself
because it was php3 and hasn't been optimized for php4 as far as I know.
It also doesn't do nested templates (which the above class does use). I
don't need caching btw.

Thanks!
Peter