[thelist] OEM CDs

Maximillian Schwanekamp anaxamaxan at neptunewebworks.com
Mon Jul 12 13:33:26 CDT 2004

>OEM software is never authorized for resale by a third party.

That's not strictly true.  Reputable vendor NewEgg.com sells OEM frequently
(with the hardware purchase requirement).  I regularly buy OEM copies of
Norton SystemWorks and Internet Security - and I have verified with Symantec
that these are legitimate and registerable (though they do not include
support).  There *are* legitimate OEM software vendors, but most of what's
out there are cracks with a professional label.

Maximillian Schwanekamp
Dynamic Websites for Microbusiness
www.NeptuneWebworks.com
v: +1 541-302-1438