[thelist] IIS Caching

Ken Schaefer ken.schaefer at gmail.com
Tue Jul 13 00:10:47 CDT 2004

There are a number of possible problems here.

For a non-NLB situation, you are probably seeing an in-memory copy
being cached. IIS relies on Windows for file-change notification
notices, which in turn triggers a cache flush. There are a number of
hotfixes available for Windows 2000/IIS 5.0 that address various
file-change notification issues.

For an NLB situation, where a reboot has failed to clear the in-memory
cache, we're looking at a whole different kettle of fish.

I can try an escalate this issue, if I can get more details from you.
I will try to get a list of information that I'll need, and then get
in touch.

Cheers
Ken