[thelist] Image margin error on CSS centred box

Liam Delahunty liam at megaproducts.co.uk
Tue Jul 13 07:30:33 CDT 2004

on 10/07/2004 16:23 Eben morrison said the following:
> On 9 Jul 2004, at 23:27, Liam Delahunty wrote:
>> On http://www.noogle.co.uk/index.php I've hacked the image placement
>> by adding a rule to move the image 3px left as if I don't, on IE 5.5,
>> I get a little bit of white space to the left of the image.
>
> Sounds like the 3px jog error, I haven't come across it myself but you
> can find more info here:
>
> http://www.positioniseverything.net/explorer/threepxtest.html

Hi Ben,

Thanks for the link, that's got to be the same problem, and I'll bare it
in mind in the future.

However, I'm not going to fix it as I'd rather avoid using hacks, (too
much for my feeble brain), and for the purposes of
http://www.noogle.co.uk/ (which is just a centered box with a image and
the accompanying text) just shifting the image over to avoid the gutter
is good enough and won't look out of place in other browsers.

Cheers!

--
Kind regards, Liam Delahunty, Mega Products Ltd
12 Bury Place, London WC1A 2JL Fax: +44(0)871 224 7891