[thelist] Php array, best way to...

jsWalter jsWalter at torres.ws
Tue Jul 13 17:33:42 CDT 2004

I'm visualizing it as a grid

Rows and columns.

Even though its not really.

> Imagining (kind of translating it in my visual mind) it in
> javascript, I would probably make my array of arrays an array
> of Objects (yeah, an array is an Object...I know).

   $cvsRecords = <master array>
   $_colNum    = <what column of data to get>
   $_results   = array(); // drop results here

   for ($i = 0; $i < $recordCount; $i++)
      $_results[] = $cvsRecords[$i][$_colNum];

> Don't know if this is anywhere near to being of any use, and it
> probably isn't if I was able to think it up. Plus I don't know
> if PHP will behave similarly. I imagine that it might.

Close enough for government work. ;)

If you know JS pretty good, you can pickup PHP with no problem.

Thanks for your thoughts.

Walter