[thelist] SEO - Question

Damien COLA damiencola at wanadoo.fr
Sun Jul 18 09:43:37 CDT 2004

>From what I've noticed, from my own use of such evil techniques, Google
at least doesn't penalize a site if it has a
well, as long as the site isn't reported by hand, it's not automatically
penalized.

and if it was happening one day anyway, I think by putting the
visibility:hidden in an external css file, that would remove
the-text-to-find for search engines not going to external files.

The thing is visibility: hidden cannot be penalized as is a font
color=#ffffff on a white background, because it can be used for
legitimate web design, for roll over effects and such.