[thelist] Time Triggered Events on Server

Ken Schaefer ken at adOpenStatic.com
Mon Jul 19 08:33:14 CDT 2004

Depends on the server OS that you are using.

For regularly scheduled tasks you'd use Cron or Windows Task Scheduler. For
something that needs to run continuously monitoring something, you'd write a
service.

Cheers
Ken

From: "Rob Smith" <rob.smith at THERMON.com>
Subject: [thelist] Time Triggered Events on Server

: Let's say for example that I want to be emailed at 4:59pm this afternoon
: telling me that I have one minute left before I can go home. Or in another
: example, I want the server to check for data every second and when new
data
: is found, it sends me an email. Or, I want to build an auction site on my
: Intranet. Employees would place items of for bids from time to time and
set
: a time limit for how long they want to sell the item for. When time has
: expired, determined by the server, it sends an email to the bidding
winner,
: or to the seller who's not sold their item.
:
: How do I do this?
:
: Rob Smith