[thelist] A Beginner Freelance Question

Erik Mattheis gozz at gozz.com
Tue Jul 20 01:37:40 CDT 2004

I provide a wide range defining a ceiling and floor of the fee, then
bill hourly. It allows clients to be comfortable that the project will
cost no more than the ceiling and it allows you to do your work without
being too much of a clock-watcher - or having to come up with a fixed
bid in the first place.

$100/hr does seem to me a bit steep - not knowing anything about you, I
wouldn't pay you that. But if you do good work quickly and don't charge
for phone calls, meetings, time you spent screwing up, it might be a
good value.

--
- Erik Mattheis
612 377 2272