[thelist] flash embedding the no plugin check

Erik Mattheis gozz at gozz.com
Wed Jul 21 16:57:27 CDT 2004

On Wednesday, July 21, 2004, at 10:07  AM, Dan McCullough wrote:
> I need the flash to check and see if there is
> a plugin and if not then to display a static image.  Is that possible
> outside of the flash movie or do I have to do it within the flash
> movie?

Under the Publish... menu, find the checkbox for "HTML" - check that -
it will generate HTML for you.

Then find the option that says "detect for Flash X" where "X" is the
version plugin you're checking for. Tyhen Publish!

You can open up the HTML file it creates and paste it into your HTML
where you want it. You can also easily see where to put the static
image you want.

You probably don't need to read this, but at one time, saying
document.write() within a td caused a browser to crash - Netscape 3
something, I believe ... the fix is to also document.write() the td /td.
--
- Erik Mattheis
612 377 2272