[thelist] RE: Does web design have a future in'highwage'countries? (wasQuestion])

Chris George cgeorge at basecorp.com
Fri Jul 23 16:53:12 CDT 2004

> Why -- if you are a professional web designer/developer/coder/whatever
> -- do you see them as your competition? Can you not
> differentiate your offerings from rent-a-coder.com?

Yes, I can. The problem is my telepathic abilities can't plant my worth
in all potential client's heads.

Why oh why do you think that it matters what _we_feel_ our worth is?

They _are_ our competition, whether we like it or not. The only way we
can scramble above it is to become the (ok, here I go using the analogy
for clarity's sake) General Contractor, Foreman, Yard Boss, etc.

The problem is: what for those who just want to _build_ things?