[thelist] Formatting E-mail

Maximillian Schwanekamp anaxamaxan at neptunewebworks.com
Sat Jul 24 15:14:58 CDT 2004

>>Not sure if you're looking for just HTML, or full multipart MIME.
>thanks man, yea i want ot make a email based on the design of my site, like
>can i mkae an html email with some graphics ..sorta like a email newsletter
>you get from Macromedia or the like.

Are you using PHP, ASP[.NET], Cold Fusion or...?  How are you sending mail
now?  If you're using ASP 3 or even PHP some Windows servers, CDONTS will do
the trick nicely.  4Guys has some good info in this area[0].  If you're
running PHP on *nix, check PHPMailer, a nicely-featured mailer class
available fro Sourceforge[1].  There's also the Mail_mime class in PEAR [2].
The docs for both of these will give plenty of info.

[0] http://www.4guysfromrolla.com/webtech/faq/Email/faq6.shtml
[1] http://phpmailer.sourceforge.net/
[2] http://pear.php.net/package/Mail_Mime

Once you're set for actually sending the HTML email, look around for info
about web standards and email clients.  A quick googling will get far on
that point.

Maximillian Von Schwanekamp
Dynamic Websites and E-Commerce
NeptuneWebworks.com <http://www.neptunewebworks.com/>
voice: 541-302-1438
fax: 208-730-6504

A web browser with better performance and security?
Download Mozilla 1.7 for Windows/Mac/Linux.
http://www.mozilla.org/