[thelist] RE: Does web design have a future in 'high wage'co untries? (wasQuestion])

Andrew Bayley andrew at arcticcircle.co.za
Mon Jul 26 02:56:59 CDT 2004

Based in one of those "poor countries," South Africa, I can only assume that
I am included in the "foreigner" category.  Due to foreign exchange rates,
yes it does allow us to create and develop web sites for US$5 to US$25 per
hour.

How this makes us in any way inferior I don't know.  Stating that we travel
over to "this country" wherever that may be, in order to leech of your
precious resources is laughable.  India, Russia, South Africa, Brazil and
many other developing countries are quite capable of nuturing their own
talent, without your help!

And, just for the record, India has the highest number of universities in
the world, over 7000.  It is no wonder that they are going to put alot of
developers from "this country" out of work.  Your hourly rates are a weeks
wages to us "foreigners" in "poor countries"