[thelist] Taking control of a client's computer

Jeff Wilhelm thelist at summit7solutions.com
Mon Jul 26 09:55:05 CDT 2004

> > However if you clients are not capable of configuring
> > outlook they have no business setting up a software of
> > this nature.
>
> Sadly true. Most clients won't be able to install and
> configure PCA on their own. I spent an hour by phone with
> one and she couldn't get it going.

This is why we use WebEx. All the client has to do is navigate to a website,
click on the "meeting" that we have set up, and click to give us control of
their computer. Plus, they can watch what we are doing as we are doing it,
and we are usually on the phone with them on the same time. This has the
added advantage of not requiring the user to do any setup, and it works
through corporate firewalls (runs on port 80 via a web interface).

I don't work for, or get paid by WebEx for saying this, it's just my
experience that it works great.

Jeff

         .:  J E F F   W I L H E L M  :.
jeff at summit7solutions.com  .:.  summit7solutions.com