[thelist] Fullscreen browser in Windows Server 2003 SE

Zug, Bryan Bryan.Zug at seattlechildrens.org
Tue Jul 27 09:01:46 CDT 2004

I think there are two separate issues that are being confused here.

Ken --

Thanks for the clarification. I figured that was the case but was unclear as
to what the root causes for each are.

I'm actually glad that the fullscreen issue came up with Win2003 Server
because, though the causes are different, the effects (as far as I can tell
without having seen XP SP 2) will be nearly the same for default installs --
that is no more chromeless windows.

This is probably not a big deal for most web/multimedia devs, but for many
software sim WBT development it is. So much so that we are meeting today to
seriously examine the pro's and cons of delivering to own packaged .exe (via
flash or a third party utility like screenweaver) in lieu of delivering to a
web browser.

The stars on are particular project have aligned such that it's beginning to
look like this will be the best use of our time and resources.

Thanks again for the clarification.

Cheers --

Bryan

--
Bryan Zug
WBT Developer

CONFIDENTIALITY NOTICE: This e-mail message, including any attachments, is for the sole use of the intended recipient(s) and may contain confidential, proprietary, and/or privileged information protected by law. If you are not the intended recipient, you may not use, copy, or distribute this e-mail message or its attachments. If you believe you have received this e-mail message in error, please contact the sender by reply e-mail and destroy all copies of the original message.