[thelist] Looking for dynamic menus for ASP pages

Mac Jordan mac.jordan at gmail.com
Tue Jul 27 11:16:32 CDT 2004

On Tue, 27 Jul 2004 06:56:25 -0400, Sam Carter <scforum at iness.com> wrote:
> I'm rewriting a website and need a horizontal drop-down menu system (ASP/
> JavaScript based) that will allow me to populate each user's menu based on
> the user's permission level.  It would be pretty straightforward to write a
> SQL query to return the user's menu list on a page by page basis.  This is
> all about permissions, and controlling access to certain reports.  There
> will be a form page where administrators can "pick" the menus each user will
> see in each drop-down.  Menu items will be stored and retrieved from a SQL
> database.

at first I read this as meaning that you wanted the javascript, but on
further consideration I presume you want the database aspects of it
"off-the-shelf".  As others have said, I can't imagine that there'd be
anything out there that would fit exactly, and if there was, it'd be
megabucks.

but it can't be rocket science - I've written something myself in
ColdFusion/mySQL that does this sort of thing, so anyone can do it :)

--
mac jordan
home: www.kestrel.org